New to The Bump
Options

Am I over thinking everything?

I am having a hard time believing that I am really pregnant, I want to be excited but I am so scared that it is not real and I will be disappointed.

I went off the pill the end of Dec, I had one period that started Feb 1st, then when I was due for my next period it didnt come, I thought maybe since I had been on the pill this was the reason I was late, but when a week passed I took an at home test and it was positive, so I took another one and the same thing. I went to the dr and they said they do not confirm it that if you had a positive test at home then you are pregnant. I then went to another office so I could switch hospitals and again they said they do not confirm anything, she did do an std test and said everything down there looked good and when I asked her she said the at home test was enough and I am pregnant. Can she tell just by looking down there? I have no idea I am so new to all of this, I do not have my first u/s until April 11th and I am nervous to get too excited because what if I get there and there is no heart beat. I have had some symptoms, I mean I am nauseous and last week the thought of eating anything made me want to get sick, my boobs are kind of soar but not too bad, I am breaking out but could that be from being off the pill, and I have to go to the bathroom more but I have been drinking more water...

I know I am probably over thinking everything but I just wanted to know if it is normal to just get one period and then get pregnant? I have told my family and my mom said that she had only had one period and then she got pregnant with me but some reassurance would be nice.

Re: Am I over thinking everything?

• Options

they should be doing blood tests to confirm your pregnancy is moving along (not a chemical). You should have your blood taken one time and then 1 few days/week later to make sure your numbers are going up. They will test your HCG levels. You need to ta

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAmbsies:
    imagemamathefox:</
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"