December 2012 Moms
Options

Back Pain

I had a lot of back pain during pregnancy, but I assumed it would go away once LO arrived. I'm 13 weeks pp and I am having a ton of back pain in the middle of my back. Is anyone else having back problems or STMs know when it might go away? I'm thinking about going to a doc but am curious if it's normal. TIA

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back Pain

• Options
    I hunch over a lot more than before taking care of LO and that sometimes causes my back to hurt but it's not as bad as you seem to be drscribing. I can also see getting back pain because our pelvis has shifted. I would suggest seeing a chiropractor or a d

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options

See a chiropractor!! 

Pregnancy and labor are hard on the body you're probably way out of whack and need to be realigned.  

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is bad too. We also bought a mattress to help. While I sleep better, I'm still hurting. I am thinking about a chiropractor too. My sister is so anti chiropractor and is lecturing me though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Are you doing any exercise? A lot of back pain is caused by core weakness. A physical therapist would probably be more helpful to you in the long run... They can teach you strengthening exercises, stretches, etc and you won't have to pay to go back and
  • Options
    I was noticing some back pain too. Am sleeping with the wedge pillow between my knees still and that seems to help some. I think its due to a few things .... as PP mentioned, part is the body still settling back into place including the new pelvis width
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had back spasms and sciatica in pregnancy, but it all went away by a couple weeks pp. I hunch over a lot when nursing and rocking, so I have some higher back pain, but anything serious should've resolved by now. I'd definitely see someone. If your insur
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't feel so silly calling the doc now!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"