November 2011 Moms

S/O picky eaters

The vitamin post got me thinking about DS1 becoming a picky eater.  There is no rhyme or reason on what he will and will not eat.  Some days he will eat everything and other days he will eat a well balanced diet.  If you have a picky eater, any types on getting them to eat healthier.  Also, a website or recipes that utilize the vegetable purees into food.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O picky eaters

• I wouldn't call what you are describing a child being a picky eater. I would call that normal toddler behavior.
  • Dd used to eat everything under the sun, but over the last month she has started doing the same thing. I just keep offering things until she will eat something, and then she will usually go on a binge and eat a ton of that for a few days, and then switch to something else. From what I understand, that is pretty normal for this age. Just keep a variety of healthy choices around and keep offering until they find something they will eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedesine77:
    Dd used to eat everything under the sun, but over the last month she has started doing the same thing. I just keep offering things until she will eat something, and then she will usually go on a binge and eat a ton of that for a few days, and then switch to something else. From what I understand, that is pretty normal for this age. Just keep a variety of healthy choices around and keep offering until they find something they will eat.

Exactly this. Also, more times than not when I offer her veggies that she sticks her nose at, she eventually eats them if she is still hungry and they're on her tray. When she starts throwing/dropping them off the tray, I take everything away, but just keep offering.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This may not be the best method but whenever DD doesn't want to eat something, FI and I will eat it the next meal/day in front of her and since she always wants to eat what we are eating she will ask for some and eat it no problem and then when I serve it to her alone she eats it just fine.

The only thing she flat out refuses is milk of any kind (not just dairy) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD has been slow to like a lot of vegetables, and then we discovered that she will eat most vegetables if they are frozen.  Eventually after a few weeks of eating any given vegetable frozen, she has no problems moving on to eating it cooked.  I think she likes to get used to a flavor before dealing with the texture.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • We like to use the organic fruit/veggie pouches and greek yogurt tubes to make sure DS is getting what he needs in terms of vitamins and protein.  Some days he eats like a champ and other days he will eat little bits of things and be done.  Good Luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"