November 2013 Moms
Options

Octinoxate (Sunscreen)

I have been using Oil of Olay's senstive skin all day face moisturizer with SPF 15 for quite a while now 

https://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/complete/gentle-face-moisturizer?pid=075609000980

I hadn't thought about what goes on my face too critically until yesterday when I went to have my regular facial. I told my esthetician that I was 8 weeks pregnant and she said that the facial was perfectly safe and the only procedure she couldn't do was the light therapy.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I decided to look at the ingredients of my daily moisturizer before I applied any...it contains 6% Octinoxate and Zinc Oxide (3%). I just learned that though zinc oxide is perfectly okay for pregnant women, octinoxate is not Tongue Tied  Octinoxate is easily absorbed into the skin and has estrogen-like effects...I am going to stop using it to be safe. Luckily, I don't like to worship the sun and am in the office most of the day. I'm kind of concerned because I'd been using the product this whole time that I've been pregnant...should I be concerned???

Re: Octinoxate (Sunscreen)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

You shouldn't be concerned about what's already done, but going forward I think it's right to be mindful of what's going on your skin. Most sunscreens are BAD news.

Check out Skin Deep for ratings and reviews on some better products (the lower th

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow I use the same thing and haven't thought twice about it. I have an apt on Tuesday so ill ask my doctor then. I didn't change any of my hair products either.
  • Options
    Let me know what your dr. says!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"