June 2012 Moms

Still weird...

I still don't feel like a mom all the time yet. I love my son dearly, but I halfway keep expecting his "real" parents to show up and take him home. I think part of it is that I'm still not used to being a SAHM either. That's all I can figure. I had him over summer break, and I think my teacher brain is still confused b/c it just feels like the longest, most exhausting, coldest summer break ever. I feel terrible saying this, but I kind of miss my old life.

Re: Still weird...

• you are not alone... i feel the same way most days... 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't feel bad.  I have felt that way too.  I also used to teach & the first two Septembers that I stayed home seriously were depressing to me.  This past sept didnt bother me at all :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Transition to motherhood was not easy for me or did not come natural as it did to other moms. Even now I still do struggle sometimes but I couldn't imagine my life without this little guy now.
  • DH and I go out every other Saturday. DS stays at my mom and dad's for the night. It's nice because we get to be together or out with friends and sleep in. Then we make breakfast, coffee, read the paper, shower and go pick him up. It helps me realize I'm
  • hugs to you.

I miss my old life sometimes too. Sometimes I just want to be able to sleep again like I used to or hang out with friends late on a Friday night. I think it's normal to feel that way.

Maybe go out on a date night wi
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember these feelings all too well.... I had a really difficult time adjusting at first, and I think it was mostly do the fact that I really thought it would have come naturally to me.  I grew up around kids and taking care of them and I teach

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Im the complete opposite. I can't remember what I did before I became DDs mom. I am so happy and fulfilled being home with her that I am really nervous and sad that I have to get back to my old life and get back to work again in July.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"