Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Just need to get this off my chest (rant)

So I am just feeling a bit annoyed this morning with DH. Reason being basically his parents have had nothing to do with our daughter since she has been born. Never came to the hospital when I had her have never even meet her before & they live local to us. My husband has never had a close relationship with his parents. It's sad because they never call on birthday or holidays etc...they not had a fallen out or anything it's just the way they are. They don't show love well at all. When our lo was 6 weeks they wanted us to come out to their house to see them. They live in a single wide trailer and chain smoke it in. My husband told them no way but they can some and see her at our house. From then we've never hard a peep from them. They were mad at us for not brining her over. EXCUSE ME!

They have missed so many occasions Christmas, her birthday etc...fast forward to several days back my husband told me he got a call from his dad outo f the blue. They had a good chat and made plans to have them come visit our daughter this Saturday. I was a annoyed that my husband didn't even come to me first without tellong them yes. He's known that I've already RSVP'd to a birthday party we are going to this Saturday. It's been known for about a month now.

So then today we are on the phone and he is asking "So when is this party done?" They way is said is was like he didn't want to go. He said "Well I need to know how long it last since my parents want to come over." I told him look they are the ones that have had nothing to do with us and we've had other plans made for a month now. I don't know when the party is over I'm sure not more than a couple hours he knows this we just had our daughter's birthday. I'm not going to drop all my plans just so they can come over. They are just going to have to wait until we get home and can call them with more of a time frame. I'm sure our daughter will fall alseep after or on the way home because this party falls around a nap time anyhow.

I asked my husband why not just see her on Easter and he said well they are having everyone over for Easter. Meaning the rest of their family that also has had nothing to do with us. This really bothers the heck out of me. DH is makng me feel pressured to have them over on Saturday and just drop the plans I've had. UGH! Thanks for listening ladies! 

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Just need to get this off my chest (rant)

• I just feel sorry for your DH. I would hurt if my parents acted like that... And I would want very much to spend as Much time with them as possible when they do finally visit. 

5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • That is just sad.  I would hate if either set of our parents acted that way.  I would still go to the party, but have them over afterwards. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRedheadBaker:

So, you're pissed that they haven't shown an interest in your daughter, and now that they are, you're throwing i

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She's one. Leave her home with DH and (in theory, eventually) the grandparents and just go to the party yourself without worrying about when to leave etc. And let him deal with them as a bonus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKimbus22:

imagekristennd
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husbands family is the same way and my mil usually drops in on days when I have plans. But for the sake of my husband I alter the plans. I figured my kids are little and won't realize that they didn't go to a party, event, etc. Try to see things from y
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"