C-sections
Options

What was surgery day like?

We'll be having our c/s in just over 2 weeks and I've been doing research on what it's like.  Everyone says to get up and walk as soon as they let you .  Does that typically mean the day of the c/s or the next day?  I'm not sure how long I'll be laid up and MH and I are trying to figure out how we want to handle visitors that first day etc.  Can anyone walk me through their first day?  Thanks!!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09

Re: What was surgery day like?

• Options
    Mine was scheduled for noon, but due to an emergency c/s he was born at 1:30. I don't know what time it was, but in the middle of the night is when the nurses had me up to walk to the bathroom. Again he was born at 1:30 pm and we had visitors by 2:30. Our
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My DS was born about 11:30 and I was up around dinner time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I arrived two hours before

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a c-section after 30 hours of labor...I will say the stuff they give you to drink to neutralize your stomach before surgery is awful.  I made the mistake of taking a sip first and it was rancid.  The nurse proceeded to tell me that I shoul
  • Options
    I had the surgery at 5pm after 48 hrs of a failed induction. Sometime during the night I walked with the nurse's help to the bathroom to clean up the bleeding down there, still had the catheter till about 20 hrs post surgery though. I was so scared I woul
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options

My son was born at 9:11am. They got me out of bed around 9pm that night to stand up and sit in the chair. I stayed there for a few hours and really got up to walk the next morning. Not too much at first, don't push it... But yes, get up and move when t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"