Sight words — The Bump
Pre-School

Sight words

My DS goes to kindergarten this fall and I want to try to do extra stuff at home to prepare.  Any good websites or games to look at (such as for sight words)?  Thanks!

Re: Sight words

• There's a really cute Caillou app that teaches beginning letters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a sight word bingo game that DD loves from Amazon. I think they have one at preschool, too. You could very easily make one,  but I have a newborn so I'm taking shortcuts wherever I can, lol.

She draws the words from the deck

My silly Lily is almost 4. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ss+elss+el member
    Google "dolch words" for lists of words broken down by reading level. I couldn't find the one that I printed a few months ago (it had nice and neat layout) or I would have put a direct link. You might even find some that have printable flashcards.
  • imagefredalina:
    Put cards with common words on things around the house.

I'd try this as well. 

~Drew '13~Camden '12~Mihaila '10~Aaliyah '09~Noah '07~

• If your looking for websites try PBS kids and ABC mouse.  Also DD and I do work books a lot, the kind where you trace the letters, find the differences in the pictures, etc..
  • Texas school's use Dolche.  

They can be located here, preprimer are the first set:  <a href="http://www.dolchsightwords.org/dolch_word_list_pre-primer.php" target="_blank" title="http://www.dolchsightwords.org/dolch_word_list_pre-prime

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would actually start with basic phonics sounds. The starfall website the PP posted is actually one of the best places to start with letter sounds. I started with DD with short vowel sounds, then consonants. With those your child can start sounding out s
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards