Baby Showers
Options

Inviting work people

My mother in law is throwing a casual, coed barbecue-type baby shower for me in June. 

I work in a very small business with 9 employees (7 female). I am fairly close with all of them, and we've worked together for several years. I definitely plan to invite three of the women - my assistant, and two other teachers I've worked with closely and know personally.

My question is, should I invite them all? I am happy to invite them all, I like them, there's no conflicts, etc. What I'm more worried about is whether it's weird to invite my bosses, the secretary, etc. I just really don't know if they would come, or if this is the sort of thing you invite work people to? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Is there any reason NOT to invite all of my coworkers? Is there etiquette about this that I'm in the dark on? 

#1 7/2013
#2 3/2015
#3 3/2017
#4 10/2019

Re: Inviting work people

• Options

Are you actually friends w/ your bosses and the secretary?  If not, then no, don't invite them.

Your having a child and your shower are personal events.  As such, you dont' have to (and shouldn't, really) invite everyone you work

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    imageEstwd2:
    My rule on work people is if I have your number in my cell and we talk and hang out outside of work, then you get invited
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageEstwd2:
    My rule on work people is if I have your number in my cell and we talk and hang out outside of work, then you get invi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEstwd2:
    My rule on work people is if I have your number in my cell and we talk and hang out outside of work, then you get invi
  • Options

Do you know if your place of employment usually throws showers? My office will always do a shower and order in lunch for the moms. If that seems like a possibility, they'll all be at that event anyway. 

If not, just invite the p

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

imageEstwd2:

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

imageEstwd2:

• Options

imageEstwd2:
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Robi1Robi1 member
    imagemsspeedymarie:

You mention your assistant. Not sure how formal that title is, and if she works FOR you, but I've heard some pe

#1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"