Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

If this can encourage anyone else...

I'm 44 and in my second marriage with a wonderful man who wanted to start a family. Since 2010, I've been pregnant six times. On the first pregnancy, we saw there was no heartbeat during the second ultrasound. The baby made it to 11 weeks. I was heartbroken, had a D&C, and we decided that we'd try again. The next three pregnancies made it to 9 weeks, 5 weeks, and 8 weeks. I pretty much got to hate going to that second ultrasound - because that's when we'd find out the heartbeat had stopped. The last miscarriage happened at home (before I could make it to the D&C appt) and I collected/carried the baby and some of the placenta to the hospital in desperation to have them send out for testing. The results were inconclusive. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to have a baby after all.

In December 2011 I became pregnant again and steeled myself for the worst. The only difference with this pregnancy is that suddenly my progesterone level was 31 - all the previous ones were between 9 and 19. The second ultrasound came - and she was squiggling and perfect! I still kept myself from getting too excited...until I made it to 6 months :). My perfect little girl was born in August 2012!

Fast forward 6 months - I found out in January 2013 that I am pregnant again! I was disappointed when I saw the progesterone level was only 18.3 - and I prepared for another heartbreak...but he's still going strong at 14 weeks and I'm hopeful that I'll be able to see my beautiful little man in September :) (I know it's a boy because this time I had the new MaterniT21 genetic test at 10 weeks - that tells you the baby's sex too!)

One of the things that helped me with all of this is that my grandmother - my father's mother - had 5 miscarriages before my father was born (and he was an only child). If she'd given up...none of us would be here today! I just want to tell you not to give up hope - things will work out as they are supposed to. 

Re: If this can encourage anyone else...

• Options

I am still really struggling with my recent loss.  I was 18 weeks pregnant with a boy and I lost him 6 weeks ago.  I have been devastated, not sleeping, emotional eating like crazy and still not feeling any better.  I really want to try

• Options
    thank you for your story - that is encouraging - i hope so much that we will have a family soon too!  best of luck with your pregnancy.

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you for sharing your story. As sad as it is, hearing how common miscarriages are has been helpful for me to get through this tough time. I miscarried 4 weeks ago. I have been having more good days in the week than bad, so this can only

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"