Adoption

Medical History, specifically bipolar

Hi there -

I am looking for any good resources that will help us better understand impact of medical conditions in birthparents. I would appreciate any resources anyone could share. We are doing research in advance of potential matches so we can detemrine what is/isnt a good fit for us.

I am interested in any resources for really all prevelant medical conditions, but focused right now on bipolar and depression. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Medical History, specifically bipolar

• There *might* be something in the FAQs. Your family doctor may also be able to provide some info. Are you working with an agency? Do they have any resources for you?
  • My sons BM is bipolar. If I remember correctly, it's like a 20% chance of a child also being bipolar. There are some studies that say it is genetic and some that say it isn't...... I will tell you that all I was concerned about in the beginning was geneti
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Our agency also told us that bipolar is often not truly bipolar... so for instance... a doctor might say to the BM "Maybe you are bipolar"  of a BM's grandmother might say "you're acting bipolar" but there is never any real true psychological diagnos
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"