July 2012 Moms
Options

1st Bday Theme- yes, another theme question

Ok, I know we have just about beaten the birthday horse to death, but I am just now getting around to thinking about it and I wanted some opinions/ideas.

I was at Barns and Noble the other day and saw the retro Fisher Price toys and got a vision of a retro themed first birthday party complete with retro toys and decorations and diner style food like burgers, hotdogs, coke floats, cracker jacks, etc. However, I am kind of drawing a blank on the decor. I found some old school party plates, napkins, birthday candles, hotdog & hamburger wrappers, straws and plastic utensils on etsy that are pretty sweet, but other than that I am at a loss. What does retro decor look like to you?? Like as far as table decorations and such.

Thanks guys!

Re: 1st Bday Theme- yes, another theme question

• Options

imagehi jinx:
    It depends on what decade retro means to you, but to me when I hear diner I think the 50s. So I would look at photos

• Options
    I think I'd be inclined to view it as "classic" rather than "retro" and go with bright solid colors. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePandril19:
    I think I'd be inclined to view it as "classic" rather than "retro" and go with bright solid colors. 
    </B

• Options

Use white tablecloths w/solid bright plates/napkins/balloons.  

Buy blank wooden blocks and use colored sharpies to write your food/drink items on as table markers, etc.

Stuff like that.

• Options
    imagePandril19:

Use white tablecloths w/solid bright plates/napkins/balloons.  

Buy blank wooden blocks and use

• Options

And an old vintage metal lunch box as a card box! And a gumball machine centerpiece!

• Options
    Using the classic, glass coke bottles placed on the tables will add decor as well as serve as beverages. You could also use some baby's breath or simple flowers in empty glass coke bottles as center pieces.
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"