Success after IF

Clomid when already ovulating

Hi all,

I popped over from the trouble TTCing board to poll women who have gotten pregnant from clomid.

We've been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I've aced all my tests and my husband has super sperm (a.k.a. REALLY good test results). We wanted to start with the least invasive option: clomid. I ovulate on my own every month, no problem, but the idea, as I'm sure you all know, is that this will make me pop out more eggs and up our chances. It didn't work the first month. We're going to try it for 2 more months and then move on to IUI. But I just read that clomid has really low pregnancy rates for women who are already ovulating. The pregnancy success stories I'm seeing are all from women who took it to get them to ovulate. So now I'm really depressed. Will someone please tell me they've heard of "already ovulating women" getting pregnant with clomid? Thanks

Re: Clomid when already ovulating

• I did not have great success with clomid.  I do ovulate on my own and we were using it as a way to get one more egg each month to up our odds of conceiving.  I did six cycles of clomid and timed intercourse with no pregnancies.  Then, I

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I ovulate every month on my own as well, however I was put on Clomid to try to lengthen my luteal phase and also to produce an extra egg or two during ovulation.  Combined with IUI, we got pregnant.  Good luck to you.  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, I ovulate on my own and my Dh was diagnosed with low sperm count.  We took clomid to get pregnant.  The first month, I was on 50 mg, but I got 4 follicles as shown on a transvaginal ultrasound.  We did not want to risk having multiples,

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • I O on my own and had success with Clomid+IUI.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Thanks everyone! That gives me some hope. I was really running out.
  • I ovulated on my own once every other month, but there was no underlyhing reason found and they diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. After over a year of TTC, we tried clomid (without IUI) and it worked on the first try! Clomid's succes rate is actu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"