One & Done: Only child

PPD/PPA

So I've noticed a lot of you ladies mentioned struggling with this. I am currently in the thick of it now. It was actually worse while pregnant, but is still horrible. I feel like a shadow of my former self. I have everything I ever wanted and I feel completely unable to enjoy it.

Unfortunately I have never responded well to medications, so I do not feel that is an option. I am always one of those people that gets every nasty side effect and I can't really deal with that right now.

Was there anything you did that helped? Short of time passing?

Thanks
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PPD/PPA

• Ask your OBGYN if s/he can recommend someone to talk to. They will not only help with your feelings in the moment but they may also be able to address your concerns about medication.

Please take this seriously and don't just wait for ti

• 1. You need to talk with a therapist/psychologist.

2. Possibly reconsider the medication route.  If one does not work, try another.  It was NIGHT AND DAY for me. 

3. Sleep.  I was definitely not getting enough and had to

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto - counseling helped me immensely! As did being able to normalize my experiences with people who dealt with something similar.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have struggled with anxiety and had a great therapist that helped me through other tough times, so I went back to her.

Exercise helped as well.  

Medication never worked for me either.

I am so sorry you are struggling. </p

• I would definitely start with a therapist. They help so much, I felt better after my first session with mine when I had ppd. It was just a relief to talk to someone who had answers and could really understand, guide me, validate me. 

I get a

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Medication was a last resort for me so I went to a naturopath who put me on a bevy of vitamins and supplements .... And it worked! 

Mostly B vitamins and 5-HTP plus be very kind to myself. Massages, hot baths, naps, hair cuts, manicures (hel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone. I moved to the other side of the state from my doctor so if I decide to find a counselor or anything I'm on my own. Ill do some Googling this weekend.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"