September 2012 Moms
Options

Poll: LO still in the infant carrier or car seat?

Infant carrier or car seat? Annnnnnnd, GO!

DD is still in the carrier. She's not even 15 lbs but she's starting to look a little squished in there. I'm going to try and strap her into the convertible car seat and see if she looks secure enough. If so, we might switch out next weekend. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll: LO still in the infant carrier or car seat?

• Options
    Greylan has been in a convertible since the beginning of February. He does well it in!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    He's still in his infant seat but at 21lbs he's VERY heavy to carry around. I still love the convenience of it though because he usually falls alseep in it! We have the convertible installed and ready to go so we plan on using it for a bit to get him use

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is 14 pounds and still in the carrier.  She sleeps well in it so I'm going to use it as long as possible, hopefully until about 1 year old.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LO is still in the infant carrier.  She was 17 lbs when we went to the doctor almost two weeks ago, so we will probably stick with it for a bit.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Napping is what I am worried about, too. She almost always falls asleep on the way home from daycare, and stays asleep in the carrier for about 20 - 30 minutes when we get home. She really needs that little catnap. :(

• Options

LO is still in the infant seat but at 95th for height she seems to be outgrowing it quick.  I'll probably ditch the infant carrier once the weather warms up.  You know, probably by July at the rate we're going in Michigan...DD1 used hers unti

• Options
    We just switched to the carseat.  He's 16 pounds and that was plenty heavy to be dragging with me everywhere we went.  He absolutely hated the infant carrier and loves his carseat. 
    Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I'm sure he is over 30" now so I have been going off the 1" from the top rule. He is now in that range so we are switching out the seats on Saturday.

"Mama, I too big"

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Still in the infant seat. I bought the Snugride 35 so I could use it longer. She is heavy in it, but the convenience is nice and she really likes the seat. We will use it until she outgrows it.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

I'm sure he is over 30" now so I have been going off the 1" from the top rule. He is now in that range so we are

• Options
    Convertible for my car. DH uses the infant seat and his parents have a base for it. We don't ever use the infant seat to carry him though. It just makes it easy for when my ILs watch the kids.
  • Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

I'm sure he is over 30" now so I have been going off the 1" from the top rule. He is now in that range so we are

• Options
    DS is still in his infant carrier.  We have a Britax and DS is still under the weight and height limits.  I don't carry him in it all that often, so I'll probably leave him in that until he outgrows it or decides that he isn't comfortable in it

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    Convertible seat. I couldn't carry 16.5 pounds of her, plus whatever the weight of the bucket was. I definitely prefer it,

• Options

Yes, DD is still in infant carrier. I have no real plans of switching her soon.

It's still cold here some days & it's nice not to have to bundle her & carry her around. Plus it makes it a lot easier when I pick DS up from daycare to be a

• Options
    Still in the carrier.  I'm sure he is getting close to maxing out the weight, we have our 6 month apt tomorrow!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options

DS is still in the infant seat.  He's 18lbs and 27", so still has a little ways to go before he hits the 30" height limit.

I hate hate hate carrying that thing.  I never took it out of the car when DD was an infant, but it's just easier

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    imagebosha711:

Yes, DD is still in infant carrier. I have no real plans of switching her soon.

It's still cold here some day

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Convertible for a few weeks now. DS is 20lbs!
    Stop by my blog @ When Regarding Ruffles! Cheers and High-Fives! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We're moving LO over to the convertible this weekend.  I didn't want to deal with it when it was still cold since she still technically fit in her infant carrier.  She hates being confined in it though, so it's definitely time to move her!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    Infant carrier but we don't carry it in anywhere anymore, we just leave it in the car and take her out. We'll probably keep her in that until she outgrows it!

Anniversary

• Options
    Lorelai has been in the convertible seat since November ish (3 months). But we use infant carrier with no straps when I put her in the stroller. Or when we go to church or something, it's a good spot for her to take naps in.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    LO is in the infant still. She's not quite 15 lbs and only 23.25 in. I see no reason to switch. The baby seat can be convenient. She'll get to the other soon enough. She uses a convertible when Dh takes off with the infant and when we visit in laws though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Infant carrier. But we have the convertible installation in our to do lists, we just never do it.

• Options
    They are in convertibles. Two infant seats got to be too much.
  • Options
    Carrier.  I'm sure DS is 20lbs.  It is hard to carry him around but he likes to sleep in it when we're at church and other events.  Plus, with him in the carrier I can put him down anywhere and scoop up DD when she's misbehaving!!!

• Options
    Still in the infant carrier.  I want the Clek Foonf and have a diapers.com giftcard, but they do not have the color I want yet.  As soon as they do I am going to buy it and then we will switch her over.  She in in the Graco Snugride 35 and
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using the infant carrier as long as possible since I love the convenience of it. DD is only 13 1/2 pounds, so she's not too heavy to haul around yet.

• Options
    Infant seat but we are pushing it. Just like Mom2Mack, it's too convenient to deal with an unruly toddler and have the infant contained in the bucket.
  • Options
    Still in infant carrier. LO just had her 6 month check up and is 15lb 7oz. I quit bringing the infant carrier with me in stores. LO is still a little wobbly but sits in the front of the cart with blankets around her to help support. And I love that she na
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

convertible carseat.

He's been in there since February. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Options
    We switch C about a month ago. I HATE the carrier he HATED the carrier. I was really nervous switching him but it worked out great. He would throw a fit anytime he had to go in the carrier and in a store if he was awake he threw a fit wanting ou

Married 6/18/2009

TTC since 10/2010-BFP 12/23/2011

Baby 2.0 BFP 10/16/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Infant carrier. I love that thing!  DD weighed 12 lbs 4 oz at her appt last Wednesday so I don't think we are close to switching at all!  We have the Graco SnugRide 30.  I'm pretty sure she will outgrow the carrier in height first.  Th
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Still in the infant seat here. Can't beat the convenience of it. It goes up to 25lb and 30in, so we have a ways to go before he maxes it out. I'll switch when he maxes it.

For DD, I didn't move her until she was 16m and DS was born, so we ne

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Infant carrier. He'd be good in there for a while longer, but I plan to switch once the weather is warmer.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"