November 2013 Moms

Small placenta bleed?

Hi girls, I'm new to this board. I'm 8wks, 1 day. I had a u/s on Monday after some spotting. My Dr said the baby looks great and had a healthy hb. Then she said that I have a small placenta bleed and that I should take it easy and not lift anything. It should heal itself. Still, I can't help but be concerned. Anyone else have this?

Not to mention, tough not to lift anything when I'm home with my 20 month old son all day.
Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
imageimage

Re: Small placenta bleed?

• I had some bleeding at 7 weeks and my doctor said it was a harmless blood clot....and to take it easy and not to worry! I know how scary it can be to see blood at any time!!!! Good luck to you. Lisa in Los Angeles
  • Thanks Lisa. Good to hear you got basically the same advice.
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Had bleeding yesterday but then immediately it went to brown and today nothing. Dr's office said no sex until after next U/S on 4/15 and no lifting and just stay off feet a bit...yea well thank goodness I am not going to the 1st clinic in the practice any
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • I had the same thing happen to me. The doctor said no exercise or lifting for 2 weeks. I am almost at my two week mark and have had no bleeding so far. Just take it easy and it should clear up on its own.
  • I had some with my last pregnancy.  It cleared up after 2 weeks and was put on pelvic rest during that time.  Once it cleared up, I was clear to go back to normal activity.  The only heavy object I was allowed to lift was my son, so don't w
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all.

Tracy, thanks. Good to know you were lifting a little one. I'm still lifting him, just trying to limit it whenever possible.
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
  • I had a not so small placenta bleed at about 7 weeks with my second.  I thought I miscarried-it was a LOT of bright red blood.  But it did heal itself, enough at least.  I spotted off and on the entire pregnancy.  They did a lot of

• Wow dewdrops! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad your pregnancy worked out. It must have been so stressful.
    Formerly Sara*n*Ryan
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"