Attachment Parenting
Options

what age did you intro a sippy cup?

I want to try BLW, but am going to wait awhile on the solids as my DS has/had issues with dairy and soy...and I'm not entirely certain that was all.

But I've been thinking I could introduce a sippy with breast milk, as I've got quite a freezer stash. What age did you intro a sippy cup? Also, he is only breast fed...so would intro'ing a sippy cup cause him to wean earlier?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what age did you intro a sippy cup?

• Options
    It took DD quite awhile to get the hang of a sippy cup. She figured out the straw style ones pretty early though, around 6 months or so.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We never did.  She figured out how to use my bite-valve water bottles around ... 7mo?  I don't remember exactly when.  Then straws a bit later.  And mostly right to open cups other than the water bottles.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    6 months.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    At around 14 months, when it was clear DD had decided to wean herself.
    IMG_0512_zpsed7c1a63-1_zpsc1dbda7c photo IMG_0512_zpsed7c1a63-1_zpsc1dbda7c.jpg
  • Options
    6 months
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I introduced a straw cup at 4 months and never looked back.  It did not cause either child to wean early.  I'm still BFing DD2 at nearly 16 months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My husband and I both drink out of straw cups at home. 

(like these: image)

Around 4 months, my guy started getti

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    around 6 months or so, with water. Had no effect on Bfing....both nursed past a year with no issues.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"