Preemies

skipping purees

DS does not like purees... not even a little bit.  he will eat puffs and food in his mesh feeder but he hates any puree we try to give him. He will eat yogurt.  I wouldn't be worried about him not eating but he is severely anemic so he needs food for his supplement. First to get it in without forcing it which I hate and second to increase his iron supplies. 

I am going to the pediatrician today for an iron check but I'm wondering when stage three foods or training meals are generally used. I believe it is a texture thing with the purees [I've tried foods I've made and multiple store bought foods to make sure it wasn't just the way I made them] so maybe if the food is more solid he will like them but I worry about choking too.  I'm going to ask the doctor about this but does anyone have any thoughts on this? You guys are always so helpful that I wanted to check in! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: skipping purees

• Will he eat cereal? I mix cereal in almost everything I give my lo. I always put it in his yogurt. And from what I understand, the cereal has a lot of the nutrients and iron in it. Also, have you tried mashing things? That way the texture is a little th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Lots os people skip purees. Try soft solid foods, like cooked carrots, steamed apples or pears, soft pasta. Anything squishy, he should be able to handle. I would just use small pieces so he won't be able to choke, and of course never leave him unsupervi
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you all! We just left the peds office and his numbers have almost doubled! They think he may not be storing iron correctly and once he stops supplementing he will drop again. We'll see.

With the foods she said we can start anything no
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I am going to do "baby led weaning" with my little guy in a couple months, so I will be skipping purees.

Good luck! Hope he likes the sweet potatoes. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just started the baby led weaning last weekend. We may not do pures at all, depending on how it goes. But man was it cute watching him gnaw on that banana!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"