Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Dropping morning feeding

My LO is just a week over 3 months old and has just recently started dropping his morning feeding for some reason.  My Mom watches him during the day since I have gone back to work which means he gets his last feeding at the breast around 5AM or so.  Depending on when he wakes up after that (usually anytime after 7:30AM) he refuses to take a bottle (of breast milk), but doesn't act very fussy or cry.  Today he ate at 5AM from me and then my Mom didn't feed him again until 9:30AM...which is definitely not the norm for him whatsoever!  He has done this for the past few days now and I can't figure it out.  When I nurse him on the weekends he always takes the breast in the morning when he wakes up so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.  He doesn't have any trouble taking the bottle throughout the rest of the day with my Mom though so I'm not sure what could be up.  Anyone else experience this before? 

Re: Dropping morning feeding

• Options
    How long does he sleep? He may be taking more from the breast at his 5 AM feeding so he isn't hungry until 9:30.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Dropping a feeding this early isn't the norm.  How many feedings is he getting a day?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find that my DD does not eat as often when she is with my mom then when she is with me. I think being around me, she wants to nurse more often whether it is for comfort or from being hungry.
  • Options
    Neither DS or DD cared for their morning bottles. DD might drink an ounce at the most. Our infant room daycare teachers said its very common and many of the parents end up skipping the feeding rather than wasting it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    If he doesn't want to eat he's probably not hungry yet. He's probably eating more at 5 so he doesn't need anything again until 9. It's really not that long of an amount of time. Just follow his cues.

• Options
    My LO doesn't really eat much at 7:30 either. His feeding before that is usually around 4:30 am. As long as LO has enough wet diapers and is gaining and is otherwise healthy I wouldn't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My DD is the same. She eats in bed & goes back to sleep at like 6:30 & isn't really interested in anything again until about 1030. The rest of the day she's on an about 3 hour schedule.
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

• Options

imageg8trkim:
    If he doesn't want to eat he's probably not hungry yet. He's probably eating more at 5 so he doesn't need anything ag
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"