Maryland Babies
Options

Husband not quite on board

Hello! I am starting to get really frustrated but I am not sure if I a just over reacting. I was raised with small children and I was a nanny most of my time though college so I understand the needs and demands of a child. I also understand that my life style will need to change for my child. My husband does not seem to be getting with the program. It's actually starting to cause problems with communicating between us on all levels. Are there any suggestions? This is our first child, imam very excited but now worried that I will be doing a lot of the parent choices and changes. Example : the convertible he insists on keeping that you can't get a car seat in leaving only my car to transport the child. 

Re: Husband not quite on board

• Options

I kind of hate when people say things along the lines of what I'm about to say, but here goes. Sometimes I think it takes dads-to-be longer to "get it" than it does for moms-to-be. We live and breathe it all for the whole pregnancy, but I guess for a l

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

Ditto what pp said about taking a little longer to get with it. DH didn't think having a baby would be that much of a change from our normal lives, obviously we wouldn't be going out the the bar all the time, but he thought we'd still be able to veg a

• Loading the player...
  • Options

worry about this when your baby is 3 months old and your H is still not on board. He'll get their eventually - but be patient and realize he hasn't been thinking about babies and kids in the backgroudn for the last 20+ years like you have. My DH was go

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've had the same problem with my DH, but mainly in relation to me doing a lot of the work with our daughter (i.e. feeding times, bath time, etc). Finally DH is somewhat on board or will do things with me together, but he has a shifting schedule where

Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally get your frustrations, but like the other posters said, it takes longer for the reality of parenthood to sink in for dads. Once the baby is here, there will be a learning curve for him as he grows into his new role. It's not easy to deal

• Options
    I agree w sarahkate. It took my husband 6 years to get w the program LOL it's a long time I know!!! Believe u me! I kno! But now, he's the most amazing father and husband I could've ever asked for. Absolutely amazing.
    Men take longer to get it. Per
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"