January 2013 Moms
Options

Ugh MIL Insists "the easter bunny comes"?

I need help! My baby is 10 weeks old and last night my MIL kept insisting that we need to get an easter basket for him. We were not going to do easter this year since he's so young. My question is if we do get him one what do you even give a 10 week old? Am i the crazy one for not wanting to do it? Is it normal to get an Easter Basket for a baby this old? Is the easter bunny coming for any of your babies?!

Re: Ugh MIL Insists "the easter bunny comes"?

• Options
    I know Walmart had a "baby's first Easter" set with a blanket photo frame and something else. Personally me and my bf got a basket, decorated it, then got a pack of bright Easter eggs a bunny sleeper shoes a stuffed bunny a book a little greenhouse some s
  • Options
    Thank you for all the replies. I dont mind getting one I just didn't know what to even put in there. I mean we did bring him to see the easter bunny! So im not completely against it. My mil is very indirect she talks to us through my son. So basically wha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son is 3. This is his 4th Easter. This is the first Easter we are doing a basket. I don't see the point when they are so little. We aren't doing anything for my DS2. He is 3 months old. He doesn't care. It's your money & your baby, do what you w

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have an Easter basket with socks, two outfits, three books and a stuffed bunny in it for DS...and some plastic eggs just for decoration for pictures. Super cute!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Just a few books and rattles... but we aren't going to see the bunny sorry but they are all creepy looking !!! Oh, and sponge candy wonder who will eat that ????
  • Options

I think you should do whatever you're comfortable with.  DS's first Easter we did not do an Easter basket for him, but my parents did.

We will be doing a basket for DD, but that's really because DS is probably going to wonder where hers is

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We weren't going to do a basket either. I am too tired and not feeling creative. BUT dh and I ran into buy buy baby to get some socks for ds since he has outgrown all of his already. Then the Easter bunny in us took over. We decided to get some wrist ratt
  • Options

Now that Ds is older, the bunny is bringing a basket for both kids. DD is getting Sophie the Giraffe, an Angel Dear bunny lovie blankie, a few books, and a teething toothbrush. Basically everything I was planning to get her anyway :)

But if youdo

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options

I got her an Easter basket and put an Easter onsie, sunglasses, an O ball, a pack of pacis, and a duck that takes bath water temp.

But if you don't want to don't. You are the parent. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We don't celebrate Easter so I'm not doin anything for him. I do know my mil sent my husband a text asking him if she could get the baby an Easter basket and he said he didn't care as long as she wasn't taking him to church or something. Toys and candy. H
  • Options
    My mom buys all of the grandchildren longaberger baskets for Easter. So DS has a basket, but we are not putting anything in it. He is too young to know any different. If he was a few months older I would fill it with puffs, mummums, teething toys, summ

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    We had to get him a embroidered basket liner with his name from pottery barn I've always wanted one!. I found a cute bible story book, a Peter rabbit book with the finger puppet and a little lamb rattly toy. It also has candy in it for mom and dad :
  • Options
    I'll do an Easter basket for the baby next year, but not this year. I don't really see the point.
  • Options
    I am definitely doing an Easter basket for DD!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageamnat84:

imagebubble520:</st
  • Options
    umm yeah I said I wasn't going to do one and then went to Target and changed my mind. haha. I got DD an oball, sophie the giraffe, a couple summer outfits, sunglasses, a couple of books, aden & anais security blankets (since she loves to snuggle

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got DH an Easter basket just because I was excited! I got him sunglasses, a sleeper, an Easter book about animals, A small stuffed bunny, a CD of children's songs, and Monsters Inc. because I am getting him a Disney movie for every big holiday.
  • Options
    I'm not doing it. Don't see the point. I'll probably try to get a good photo or two of him near some decorated fake eggs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    DS is 2 and this will be his 3rd Easter.  We still aren't doing a basket for him, although we are going to take him to the neighbourhood Easter egg hunt.  I think next year we will do a basket for him.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    We got her some books, two rattles , a bib, a hoodie, and ... I think there's something else. We may have gone overboard for our 18 month old though :/.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"