Austin Babies

North Austin OBGYN supportive of natural twin birth?

Unfortunately, I'm thinking of switching my OB at 32 weeks.  We have been discussing a natural birth from the beginning, but now that it's getting closer, I'm feeling more and more pushback with each appointment.  I'd love to find an OB that delivers at NAMC and is open to delivering Baby B breech as long as Baby A is head down.  Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance! 

image image image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: North Austin OBGYN supportive of natural twin birth?

• Have you tried North Austin Maternal Fetal Medicine? 
  • I've been seeing the OB and midwife at Nurture & love them! Not sure where they stand on breech but they have been supportive of my wishes through my whole pregnancy. Might be worth as visit or a call.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would second North Austin Fetal medicine but you have to have a referral for the docs there usually. They only handle high risk cases. However they are AMAZING. The office in that same hospital with Dr. Capet at Austin Area OBGYN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second the other person who recommended Nurture OBGYN. Doc is awesome. They did everything the way I wanted during my delivery. They are very supportive and open. They will tell you your options, not just tell you what they want to do to avoid getting sued. Most docs will not attempt to deliver a breech baby because of risk and lawsuits.

Not sure what they would say, but I would still try them though they are amazing!!

It is only Dr. Campaigne and Midwife Leann
  • I know it must be frustrutating to feel like your not being heard. Definitely get a second opinion. However, as a NICU nurse I would tell you there is a reason they may be hesitant and it may be because they are looking at for the safest option for your babies. Just because it can be attempted doesn't make it the safest option. I have heard great things about the previously mentioned doctors/midwives. Good luck!
  • imagealicia11684hotmail.com:
    I second the other person who recommended Nurture OBGYN. Doc is awesome. They did everything the way I wanted during my delivery. They are very supportive and open. They will tell you your options, not just tell you what they want to do to avoid getting sued. Most docs will not attempt to deliver a breech baby because of risk and lawsuits.

Not sure what they would say, but I would still try them though they are amazing!!

It is only Dr. Campaigne and Midwife Leann

Going to Third Nurture OB. Love their approach to obstetrics.
  • I cant speak to his stance on things but I love my OB/GYN--Dr. Robert Hughes at ARC (Seton Northwest)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"