Adoption
Options

Withdrawal

J is withdrawing from subutex. We are stuck in the hospital w him until his symptoms subside, which means Friday at the absolute earliest for discharge. I just want my little man to be ok. This is so hard to watch and not be able to do anything for him except snuggle him. He's even developed latching issues because of the withdrawal, and breastfeeding has become nearly impossible.

I don't know what to tell people who keep asking why we are still in the hospital. I hate making up stories about jaundice and him losing too much weight, but that's what we are telling even family now, to keep his story private.

I wanna take my baby home. I hate seeing him shake and screech from the pain of his sore skin. It feels so helpless. If any of you ladies pray, can you please send up a quick prayer that his symptoms improve and he can go home?

Re: Withdrawal

• Options
    I am so sorry, that must be so difficult! T&P your way.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Options
    ((hugs)) Poor little guy. I hope he is better soon so you can take him home!
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Sending you T&P's and hoping for a quick withdrawal recovery.  Stay strong for him.  Cuddles are perfect and hopefully soon you will be able to bring him home.  Like Jarala stated just tell folks he developed an infection that they need

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Hoping you will be able to take him home soon. Poor little guy. It's so heartbreaking. Stay stong, Mama. (((hugs)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just prayed for you!!  I prayed that it would pass quickly, that your heart would be comforted, and that you'd be able to take him home quickly!  
  • Options

I am so sorry. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that is to watch. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your little guy.

I second the other poster's idea. Just say they want him to stay in NICU a few more days for observations. Most of my fr

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Praying for you and little J!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options
    emcaemca member

Lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way.  I hope you are all home quickly.

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    We are going home in a few hours! His symptoms peaked Wednesday, and started subsiding, and they gave us permission to be discharged, as long as we get him in with his new pediatrician on Saturday. So, so happy! Thank you ladies so much for the prayers
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Congrats, that must be a huge relief.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    imageerinmc1:
    We are going home in a few hours! His symptoms peaked Wednesday, and started subsiding, and they gave us permission to be

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"