Attachment Parenting
Options

C-section + wearing baby...just curious

I am still recovering from my c-section and find that it kills my back to wear my infant. I'm just over two weeks out from the surgery. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and if it gets better...it would be so much more convenient if I could use the Moby or other carrier to walk around with him!

Re: C-section + wearing baby...just curious

• Options

I couldn't get my own pants on for 6 weeks post-csection!!  You are doing well if you even tried to babywear!  Give yourself a few more recovery weeks and take it easy via couch while you have an excuse. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I spent my day in bed at that point.  No help here!

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wasn't doing much at two weeks after my c-section. I don't think I started baby wearing until a month or maybe more after it. It does get better.

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only baby wear in short 1-2 hour spurts a couple times a week. My back still hurts sometimes, too. I do take it easy the rest of the time, so that probably helps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I wore ds until 4 weeks or so after he was born.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I think I started around 3 weeks - that's when I started to feel better and that I could do normal things again. Give it some time!
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Wrap and wear him high if you can. I was car rying my lo right after.
  • Options
    DS wouldn't be worn until he was about 2 months old so I can't speak to BW but my advice for CS is to move around and take short, slow walks intermittently throughout the day. DS was in the NICU for a week following delivery and it was in a separate wing
    Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"