Late Term and Child Loss
Options

The saddest day of my life

Fri 3/22/13 was supposed to be the best day ever. I was 38 weeks and 2 days, it was my last day of work before going on  maternity leave, and I still had some last minute baby shopping to look forward to! The day went smoothly, my co-workers threw a nice goodbye party for me and I went straight to Target to pick-up a few more items for baby Makai. Once MH got home around 7pm, we decided to go for a walk to hopefully get our baby to drop a little. By 11:30 we were all in bed.

It was @ that time when I knew something wasn't right. I usually would always feel my baby's last few kicks before I went to sleep, but tonight there was no kicking. I began pushing on my stomach in hopes that he'd respond, but nothing. I then realized that in all the day's activities, I hadn't felt him move once! We immediately rushed to the hospital and found that his heart had stopped. I had a C-section the following evening. It was all so baffling b/c I had had a Dr's appt on Thurs 3/21 and saw the heart beating myself! The nurse had even said everything looked good. We're still waiting on results, but the baby looked perfect. No umbilical cord obstructions were found.

Re: The saddest day of my life

• Options
    I am so so sorry for your heartbreaking loss of little Makai.  I hate that you have to be here, but so far for me it's been a very welcoming place.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Makai. There is no easy way through this journey. Please know you have found an amazing group of women to support you through this difficult time. Please be gentle on yourself.

-Shawnna

TTC #1 since 10/2010 RE consult 6/2011 PCOS (known) MFI IVF #1 w/ICSI 2/2012 BFP TRIPLETS our angels grew wings at 19.5 weeks 6.25.12 IVF #2 2/2013 Sono shows tissue Hysteroscopy needed Changing RE www.chasingstarsisbettertogether.com Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~~~all welcome~~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy.  This board is a great source of support for me, I hope you find that to be true too.  Be kind to yourself, and let the grief out. My thoughts are with you. 
    TTC since May 2011
    Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
     Dx PCOS April 2012. 
    Clomid x 4 - no response.
    First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
    BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
     7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
    Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
    IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
    IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
    FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
    FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
         Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby boy Makai, but I'm glad you've found the support of the ladies on this board.  My story is similar to yours, and I'm so so sorry that you have to feel this pain.  Please know that we are here for you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Makai.  Your story reminds me a lot of my own.  I hate that you have to be here, but welcome to the board.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you join us because of the loss of your sweet Makai.  Our stories are similar, and for us, we never found a reason for the loss. Please know that you are welcomed with open arms to this group. We hope to be of support to you in any
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Makai. We had a very similar situation and there was no reason we lost our DD as well. I also had a c section to deliver her. I truly am so sorry. Please know that we are all here for you if and when you ne

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet Makai. I hope you take some time with your H to heal and are able to find peace in this terrible time. Let us know if you need anything. We are all here because of the same reason. Even if it's to vent in a PM, we are

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    DD : 20 months
    Married:11/2011
    BFP #1 3/13, MC 4/3  :'( 
    BFP #2 5/15 DD born 8/15 (25 weeker born due to PPROM)  

Working on growing our family since 3/2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"