Blended Families

surrounded by crackpots!

SIL1 called today to see if DH and I will babysit her three kids this weekend! For Easter! They are 15, 11 8. I don't mind as I like her and the kids but I find it strange. Her and her DH are going to a hotel.

DH and I were talking and I mentioned that BSC SIL had text earlier today to say she is having her DD bday party Sunday. Easter Sunday! Three days notice.

I tell DH that SS will want to go if his cousins are here and they are going. I ask him to call BM and ask her if we can keep him for the day Sunday as its a holiday so she might already have plans.

DH tells me that he does not want to deal with her and he would rather just drop SS home Sunday morn than call and ask her. I say 'in other words you want me to do it' and he replies 'well I won't'.

So I text BM and ask if I can collect SS on Friday morn as I'm off and also could we keep him till 6pm Sunday eve. I say I realise its Easter so no worries if she had plans but i explain that his cousins will be here so he will know there is a party.

She responds immediately. 'Absolutely, that's no problem. I actually have plans this weekend so it suits me for him to be with you. It will prob be a bit hectic lol'.

I thought new bf might calm her down!!

I guess I will have to do some kind of Easter basket/gift for the other three kids right??? O and buy a bday gift.

So I have decided that on Sunday I will make a nice breakfast for all, give the kids their baskets and then head off for a long walk with my dogs. Then ill take my mom out for an early dinner. Ill meet DH at BSC SILs later that evening!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: surrounded by crackpots!

• Phantom I certainly appreciate how commited you are to your SS. I woukd be so happy to have a SM as committed as you are and so concerned about what is best for him. Its not about who has what time or whatever else its about what would make HIM happy and
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Girl, you're making my head spin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Your a great SM. Enjoy your long walk and dinner with your mom. You deserve it. Good to let DH have to deal with SS and nieces/nephews for a few hours himself. 
  • I am sorry Phantom but his respond pissed me off. He had sex and got her PG but cannot be man enough to ask to spend time with his son! Is it just your posts on here or has he gone off the deep end lately? He seems so much worse again with not wanting t
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imagewendilea:
    You are a better woman than I.  God bless you.

Ha!  Ditto this.

You are

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • imageLittlejen22:
    I am sorry Phantom but his respond pissed me off. He had sex and got her PG but cannot be man enough to ask to spend t
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"