January 2013 Moms
Options

Getting stuff done

Getting stuff done

It is now 2pm and all I've done all day is hold, rock, and feed Elsie Mae. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to do that. But now that she's 2 months old, part of me thinks I should have figured out how to handle her and the rest of life a little better. Dishes haven't been done in days. Laundry is also behind. Living room is a disaster. There are groceries still in bags on the kitchen floor. On top of that, I work from home and have hardly made any progress on my work this week.

I had been inviting my college and high school aged sisters to lend me a hand but one just got a job and the other just started volleyball, limiting their availability.

Any one else still feel like they can't catch back up to life? Any one find a way to make it work? Any tips?
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting stuff done

• Options

Eloise just today has taken her first nap in her PnP. She's almost 3 months old now and the only way I got things done before was wearing her in the Ergo because she'd nap and I had my hands free.

Once they start taking real naps though... wow, t

• Options
    I can usually count on 1 good 45 min nap a day in her swing, sometimes more.  But I plan out what I need to get done on a certain day and if I happen to get more time, I do more. Otherwise she has occassional happy times where she'll just sit in her
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was getting things done a little at a time each day during his longer nap but then the shots happened. yesterday was a wash. Today was sort of better, but he's still super clingy.

I have a sash carrier from Summer that is my salvation. Also, th

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, ditto and my hair has been in a ponytail for days. I could cry about just wanting to catch up but I try not to stress. I also work from home this month and just try ing to get to that has been hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagezonagirlie:
    I have a sash carrier from Summer that is my salvation.

Is it pretty fast and easy? I b
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ta78ta78 member

I put DD in the ergo when I need to get more housework done. The harder part is giving DS enough attention to. He wants to play ball all day long, which is hard if I'm holding the baby.

They will fall into a better routine soon enough. Don't worr

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options
    its so hard to get anyting done around the house... i completly understand! even harder when you start working again and when you get home all you want to do is hold LO. my house is a DISASTER. and ive come to the conclusion.... im ok with that for the ti
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBrendamndz:
    imagezonagirlie:</s
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with others... using the swing, bouncer, pnp, whatever keeps baby happy/sleeping.  I have a very hard time because when DD2 is sleeping, I want to interact and play with DD1.  But then there are dishes to do, I finally sit and pump, t

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Some days stuff doesn't get done. But you know what? I have a ten week old child, an only child, and I will never get the chance to get this time back. So the days that he's really clingy and fussy we just hang out on the couch all day. Because the dis

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    I have days like that.  I have days where I don't even manage to get dressed, let alone go out and get groceries!  I found that it was a process with DS#1 (I know this may not be common, but I am finding it waaaay easier with DS#2).  I foun
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Honestly, I had to get used to him whining. I might sound like a bad mom, but I don't see any harm in letting him whine in his swing a little while I do dishes or laundry. Only for 10-15 minutes but that little bit of time a couple times a day really
  • Options

imagenicole3090:
    Honestly, I had to get used to him whining. I might sound like a bad mom, but I don't see any harm in letting him
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"