Pregnant after 35
Options

MaterniT21 results question

Hi -

Have you (or anyone you know) had a positive M21 result that came back negative after doing CVS or amnio? Looking for some hope here. Thanks in advance. 

Re: MaterniT21 results question

• Options
    I didn't have this test, so I'm sorry I can't help.  Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending T&P that everything will be OK with your LO.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    Thank you for your kind words. We're reeling, but trying to find hope where we can.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I too don't have anything to share as I decided against the MaterniT21 because my NT and quad screen came back with such low % probability of any developmental concerns, but I have been hoping that there were others who could share their experiences -

• Options

I had the NT scan/first trimester screen done and choose to do the MaterniT21 test just to get as much information as I could from non-invasive tests. Since the results "looked good" to my doctor and the genetic counselor, we all decided cvs/amnio wasn

• Options
    misha, I haven't been there, and I am so sorry you are in that position, but I wanted to mention that Baby Center has an entire message board devoted to the MT21 test. I stalked it for a while during my early pregnancy until my results came back. I
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    EMF70EMF70 member

I took the MaterniT21 test when the baby wouldn't cooperate with the NT Scan.  I go to a high risk doctor and he felt that MaterniT21 was a better test for me anyway because for women of AMA, the test is 99% effective.  He stress nothing is&n

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"