Multiples
Options

weight gain in first tri?

I am almost 10 weeks with mo/di twins and I have already gained about 5 pounds. I feel like that is a lot to have gained so early. My diet is pretty healthy - lots of whole grains, protein, and veggies and minimal sweets and high fat foods, but I am just always hungry!! I can't believe how hungry I get! At my first appointment last week, the doctor didn't go over weight gain targets with me and I'm finding a lot of conflicting things online. I was very thin to start with, so I guess I'd rather gain a little too much than not enough, but I'm just wondering how much did you gain with twins? How much did you gain in the first trimester?

image4months_2radioflyer
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: weight gain in first tri?

• Options
    That happened with me as well. I wouldn't worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, not much weight at all. 5 to 10 lbs in first tri with twins is the norm. And, quite frankly, a good portion of that is likely water retention to begin with. ;
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will be 10 weeks on Sunday and I have put on 4kg.. it's my second pregnancy and I remember gaining a fair bit with my first in the first trimester as well! but I know what you mean with feeling so hungry all the time.. I never felt this hungry last time
  • Options
    So far I think I have gained about 12lbs and I am 15w3d but in the last two weeks I havent gained anything. You will gain, then stay the same weight for awhile, then gain again. As long as you are eating healthy and drinking enough water/fluids then you a
  • Options

imageJocelynB0911:
    So far I think I have gained about 12lbs and I am 15w3d but in the last two weeks I havent gained anything. You
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also gained 5 in the first tri and was a bit underweight to begin with. Sounds like you're right on track!
  • Options
    I've gained about the same amount. my doctor hasn't mentioned and i'm drinking tons of water, exercising (mildly, mostly walking and stationary bike riding), and eating fruits, veggies, lean meats and tons of other proteins.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    I didn't gain much for the first 4 months or so and then, bam, I gained a LOT in one month.

Keep making smart food choices and you'll be fine.

• Options
    I didn't gain anything until 22ish weeks and by then I gained 5lbs. Between then and 35w6d, when my water broke, I was up to 35lb gained. It all came in spurts and some weeks I'd lose weight and the next week go in and be up 8lbs...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If the OB didn't go over weight gain goals- they may be of the "weight is irrelevant" camp

Mine are- the 5 OBs feel that as long as the babies are growing properly, then whatever I gain or loose is just fine. I'm actually down 10 so far and they

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    I gained a lot up front too.  I had already gained some prior from IVF drugs.  ugh.  I am almost 20 weeks and up almost 20 lbs.  It is all belly though, I can notice any severe weight gain in my arms, face etc.  A little more in m
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Michelle- 39, DH 41 Mom to 5yo boy (IVF) Latest pregnancy- IVF #1- ER- 11/30 ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies Beta- 14dpo- 488 Beta- 18dpo- 2500 7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS! EDD 8/21/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"