Baby Showers

Not Shower Related, but Wedding Question

I will not be able to attend my best friend's wedding in June because I a due 3 days before the wedding (and live out of state).  I was talking with my mother about shower gifts and weddings gifts for my friend.  She said that since I can't attend the wedding I am not suppose to send money, but to send a gift from her registry.  I have already gotten her a vase and candlesticks for her shower in 2 weeks (both off registry as her registry was empty, I did make sure they were from a store she liked).  What is proper?  Do I send her a gift for the wedding itself (again not on registry) or should I send money? 

Thanks for the help! 

Re: Not Shower Related, but Wedding Question

• Send whatever you want!  Seriously.  Whether you go or don't go to the wedding, it doesn't matter if you give $$ or send an actual gift.  I've really never heard of etiquette getting down to this nitty-gritty level.  Maybe it does, but
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I think sending money is fine.  If you feel weird about it, I would get her a gift card to the store she registered at or something from that store to make it easier in case she gets duplicates, etc.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    Send whatever you want!  Seriously.  Whether you go or don't go to the wedding, it doesn't matter if
  • send whatever you think it appropriate. If I were going to the shower, but not the wedding, I would of spent a little bit more on the shower gift, and not get them a wedding gift. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think sending whatever you want is fine and would be very thoughtful of you.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Honestly, gift cards and cash were some of my husband's and my most appreciated gifts; we appreciated everything we got, of course, but especially if their registry is empty, maybe it means they don't need that much stuff?  If you send cash/check, th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with what a lot of people are saying. I generally give cash as wedding gifts so they can use it how they want, ie the big item they didn't get, honeymoon splurges etc. There is only one friend that I regretted doing that for (shotgun wedding), and
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• It's safe to say that 90% of the worlds population is not going to be offended if you send money as a wedding present, regardless of the circumstances. 

Well, maybe that percentage would be lower if you included a note with the money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Send whatever you want. It is nice you are even doing it since you wont be at the wedding. I highly doubt she will be upset to get money, who would be?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"