One & Done: Only child
Options

Decision Confirmed

While at Target during my lunch break, I saw a poor mom with four kids (three boys ranging from about two to six years old and an infant girl).  The girl was screaming while two of the boys were fighting and throwing things off shelves. 

In the situation I wanted to help somehow (although I'm not sure how--I just felt really bad for the mom); however, afterward all I could think was, "And that is one reason I only want one."

I may sound like a terrible person for thinking that...but I could not help it! 

Re: Decision Confirmed

• Options
    imageferris0906:

While at Target during my lunch break, I saw a poor mom with four kids (three boys ranging from about two to six y

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

You aren't terrible. I feel that way all the time when I see a mom trying to wrangle multiple rowdy kids.

Hell I felt that way last weekend after having to hang out with my young nephews for a few hours.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesalt78:

You aren't terrible. I feel that way all the time when I see a mom trying to wrangle multiple rowdy kids.

Hell

• Options

Not terrible at all! I feel the same way. 

What is it that sets us apart? The situation you described is one of the many reasons I don't want multiple children, and yet so many others look at that and still go ahead and have several more. &n

C is 3 years old

• Options

I often wonder "why would you do that to yourself"?  My younger brother has 4 kids, 5 and under - he's not even 30 years old yet.  I go to their house and it's pure chaos.  Good for them that they wanted 4 kids, but I would go completely

• Options
    More power to those moms but there is no way I could do it. I don't even know how parents of two survive.
  • Options
    imagemissymo:
    Not terrible at all! I feel the same way.nbsp;What is it that sets us apart? The situation you described is one of the man
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love this board. Sometimes I feel like there is something wrong with me because I really really really don't want anymore children. It's so nice to be around other people that feel the same way.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageapansey87:
    imagemissymo:

• Options

imagesalt78:
    I love this board. Sometimes I feel like there is something wrong with me because I really really really don't want an
  • Options

imagesalt78:
    I love this board. Sometimes I feel like there is something wrong with me because I really really really don't want an
  • Options
    imageferris0906:

imagesalt78:
  • Options

imageapansey87:
    imagemissymo:

C is 3 years old

• Options

imagesalt78:
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    I think it all the time. I have a friend with 3 boys; 4.5, 2.5, and 6 months old. The two oldest boys are rowdy, and are always messing with the baby. They both threw a big fit in the grocery store over a toy, while she had the baby with her. I have no id
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I was still undecided I often found myself thinking of my close friend. She has 2 girls (5 and 2). Her youngest was born 2 wks before my DS. Going out to lunch with her a few times a month helped me seal the deal. Her life is a crazy whirlwind! I don

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • Options
    I have felt this way numerous times seeing families with more than one kid ...my your not alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do this all.the.time!  Any time I see a parent/parents wrestling several children I look at DS and smile.
  • Options

I would have felt the same way...I see that and think "Thank God I just have one!!".

Hey, that was their choice to have several, now she can learn how to handle all of them.

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
This discussion has been closed.