Hi ladies, I'm in a dilemma and I want your advice. My RE wants to see me at 5 1/2 weeks for ultrasound and I think it is too early. We did this last time and there was no heartbeat. It was devastating. Then we had to "wait it out" for a couple of weeks to see if the heartbeat would show up, if it would be spontaneous m/c or if I would need a procedure (I opted for meds rather than d&c).
What are they really going to see at 5 1/2 weeks? That there is a sac and only one baby? I also want to transition to a local OBGYN so I called her and the earliest she can get me on her schedule to see me is 9 1/2 weeks.
I guess for those not struggling with IF, this is a normal time to have a first u/s (between 8-11 weeks). I assume that most people here at a u/s at 5-7 weeks because RE makes that available. I just feel like I want to trust that everything is okay and not analyze every little development.
Right now I'm leaning toward the 9 1/2 week local appointment. I realize I could also ask RE to see me at 7+ weeks but they only do u/s at 11am which means I would have to take the whole day off work to get there and back. If we have it locally, my wife can be there too it is just down the road.
Maybe my desire for 9 1/2 week is driven by fear. I just would rather avoid the stress of an early ultrasound.