Success after IF

Surgery Friday - Spazzing

So I haven't cancelled my surgery for Friday yet.  Right now I'm planning to proceed as planned and just hoping I get my period tomorrow.  

I talked to the nurse at the hospital for a bit yesterday after she called to get a family health history and she said the doc who is doing my surgery is meticulous.  She said the lap is going to take 3 hours and that my doc and another doc (I believe a urologist???) are going to be looking not only at my reproductive organs, but also checking over/in my bladder, bowls, doing a hysteroscopy, as well as the usual HSG, etc etc.  She was explaining that he not only removes the endo, but also the tissue surrounding the endo and anything that he feels looks like it could grow endo or looks questionable.      

I'm freaking out.  Like, seriously having really bad anxiety about this.  My laps in the past have been 45 mins to an hour max.  I'm am absolutely dreading this, yet at the same time I know this is the right move and I really should have gone to him from day 1 instead of wasting my time having my regular OB do the surgeries.  I've read online that people travel from all over to see this guy and that he is the best in this area.  I've read he also travels overseas to do these lap surgeries.  I trust him.  I know I'm in good hands.  I'm thrilled that I actually got in with him before he retires.  I'm just totally stressing out!  I hate this.       

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

Re: Surgery Friday - Spazzing

• Hugs. That does seem like a lot so I can see why you are freaking out. Ts and Ps headed your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like you are in the best hands :) but I think whenever you have a longer surgery & you are going under anesthesia it makes you nervous.  Try not to stress & think how you will feel when you are all recovered.  Best of luck
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Will send a prayer your way that everything goes well.  It sounds like he knows what he's doing but I understand your being nervous.  Try to keep calm and good luck to you!

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Sending lots of T and P. sounds like you are in good, thorough hands. FX for all good things.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • He IS the best.  You'll do great and then you are one step closer to #3!
  • I know it sounds scary, but once you are under anesthesia and in the OR you won't know the difference between an hour or three hours. Sending tons of thoughts andprayers that AF shows and that everything goes smoothly on Friday!!!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Sending you hugs!  Try to relax not not stress about it, I know, easier said than done.  
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • I totally get the fear...surgery is scary stuff!

FWIW, both of my laps were over 5 hours.  Granted, it was for different stuff (mainly huge cysts) but you'll be fine.  You want them to take their time! I also had a urologist there to do

• imagePnut30:

I totally get the fear...surgery is scary stuff!

FWIW, both of my laps were over 5 hours.  Granted, it was

• imagePnut30:

I totally get the fear...surgery is scary stuff!

FWIW, both of my laps were over 5 hours.  Granted, it was

• Sending lots of t p's your way, hope your surgery goes great and you get lots of relaxing in afterward.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"