Working Moms
Options

Question about Montessori daycares

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a Montessori daycare?  I applied for an Infant Aide job at one and am wondering if there is anything I should know about it? I really do not know anything about this type of "school" and was hoping to get some more info about it.  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about Montessori daycares

• Options
    My son goes to one, and my husband is the head of school at one...so I have a little bit of experience.  I personally love it.  I would suggest you talk to the director of the school to learn more about the philosophy, and ask him/her to show yo
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh, and if you interview...do not call it a daycare...it is a school, because there is a curriculum for every class. They may take offense.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all that information...even for infants they call it a school? that is interesting, I like that! thanks again! I will look it up.
  • Options

imageNetty_3:
    Oh, and if you interview...do not call it a daycare...it is a school, because there is a curriculum for every class.
  • Options
    Re the holidays, that is going to depend on the school. One thing I noticed when we looked at montessori schools w/ infant programs is some had no pacis and no sippy cups b/c that impedes communication. Also, no shoes in the infant room. Some places h

\image  image

• Options

imageMustardseed2007:
    Re the holidays, that is going to depend on the school. One thing I noticed when we looked at montessori
  • Options
    imagecontrolledchaos617:

image <strong
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"