February 2012 Moms

Diaper rash?

I'm feeling like a total FTM here... DD has a raised red rash on her butt cheeks, and nowhere else. It has a very clear border. It doesn't seem to bother her, but it looks pretty painful. It has very small bumps.

Is this just run of the mill diaper rash? It almost looks like contact dermatitis to me - or what I have had from pool chemicals, etc. I am not sure if that's the cause because we haven't done anything different. At home we use cloth diapers and a coconut oil-shea butter diaper rash cream; over the weekend it cleared up. At daycare we are using Pampers and Desitin, and by Tuesday it was back. I asked the DCP to use Aquaphor instead of Desitin today, but is there something else I should do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper rash?

• It could be the diapers.  Even if she's not had a reaction before, she could be reacting to them now.  I especially think this because you said you CD at home and it was clear over the weekend but it's back after what I would assume is 2 days of

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Are you sure it isn't a yeast rash?

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hadley is allergic to Pampers too. We use the Huggies Pure & Natural now.

That does sound like an allergic reaction to either the diapers or maybe the cream. Maybe try different diapers and the same cream you use at home and see if that cl

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"