Trouble TTC
Options

Low progesterone

Hi ladies, 

I recently did blood work and an HSG test (doctors orders) and it came back that my progesterone was at a 5 but my tubes were open and normal. Of course my doctor has me coming back in on April 19th to talk about Clomid and our options ( seriously she only had one day available the entire month of April ugh). 

I have looked online to start preparing for what we are signing up for and it just leads to a million questions that my doc will be hearing when I finally get to see her. 

Hoping you all can help me with my first round of questions though  :)... So Clomid can help raise progesterone bc it helps produce larger/ healthier follicles. But I then see some woman taking Clomid and progesterone. Why? And I see a lot of red flashing lights on these boards about Clomid and making sure you are being monitored while taking it. My doctor will be prescribing it, what do I need to look for or expect as far as monitoring? 

Any info or advise at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks :) 

Re: Low progesterone

• Options

Was your blood work done 7 DPO?  If it was not and was done some random day (CD 21) the results are not valid.  Your progesterone could be just fine.

I have low progesterone and Clomid did help that for me.  Unmedicated my progeste

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    imageTwinkie0612:

Was your blood work done 7 DPO?  If it was not and was done some random day (CD 21) the results are not v

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like your doctor has ordered all the correct tests before Rx Clomid. Like PP said once you're taking it, you will need a US on cd 3 and one mid cycle. These will look for cysts, uterine lining quality and follies size and quantity.
    <br /

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options

Second everything already said.  Only additional thing I would add is that I was also put on Estrogen suppositories for 1 week prior to O to help with lining.  

I will find out tomorrow morning if it

• Options

imagesueann911:
    It sounds like your doctor has ordered all the correct tests before Rx Clomid. Like PP said once you're taking it,
  • Options
    imageoot_bride22:

Second everything already said.  Only additional thing I would add is that I was also put on Estrogen suppos

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"