Attachment Parenting
Options

AP and naps?

A quick intro: my DD is nearly three months.  We were naturally doing most of the AP stuff without realizing. I found this board and I've been lurking a few weeks. This board is great!

I had a question about naps. How do you all do naps? In a crib? Pnp? In arms? Worn? Bed sharing?

DD is currently napping in my arms. I love the snuggle time, but my business is getting ready to ramp up for the summer. I will be working a lot in June-August. A combination of my mom and dad will be watching her. It would be helpful to put her down for a nap so I could call clients and give my parents a break when they are watching her.

At night she sleeps in her bassinet adjoining the bed to start and often ends up side lying nursing and bed sharing. I've tried the bassinet for naps and she wakes up easily and early compared to in arms. Thanks!

TTC Since 3/2010
Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

Re: AP and naps?

• Options
    DS loves his vibrating bouncy seat when hes not napping in my moby. Sometimes he ends up napping in my arms or on my chest though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am currently transitioning my 6mo from my arms to a crib for naps and it is pretty challenging. My older child transitioned to her crib at about 4 months and it was easy. I just watched for her sleepy cues (eye rubbing, yawning, staring off) and  p
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wore my kids for their naps until more like 8-9 months at which point I still wore them to sleep but then they would stay asleep when I laid them down.  If I needed to sit to work, I would bounce a bit on an exercise ball.
  • Options
    We did naps for the first 3 months being held (by either DH or I).  At 3 months I started transitioning him to the crib for naps since I was going back to work at 5 months and he'd be at daycare.  It took about 6 weeks to get him into the crib.<
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the ideas!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    I held him for the first 5 months, he couldn't sleep any other way. Then I could put him down in his pnp awake, while holding his hand. Now at 7 months, I can put him down and just stand by the pnp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    One trick I learned for transitioning a sleeping baby to a crib / PnP etc. was to put a pillow on the baby's tummy while moving her to the new sleep spot.  Once down take the pillow off.  If you don't have any small pillows you can try a stuffed
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"