Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Homemade drain cleaner/Drano

Hello,

I have slow drains in my house, and I wanted to see if anyone had tips on how to unclog or fix slow drains. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on Drano.

I know I can use baking soda/vinegar and then boiling water, but has anyone had luck with this mixture? If there's anything else I could try, I would appreciate the tips!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Homemade drain cleaner/Drano

• Options
    I use a can of soda,what I did was to remove with a stick , all the hair that it was stuck, and the I put the soda in the drain and I wait for like 30 mn,then I put very hot water,it work fine for me,I think will be the sme thing with the baking soda and
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like club soda?

I'm trying to bs/vinegar/hot water tonight and see what happens!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually even just boiling water can help, but the baking soda/vinegar/boiling water combo has worked for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also another tip: When we've boiled something...pasta, potatoes, etc... we dump the boiling water in the tub as an "in between" cleanings thing. "Reuses" the water and helps keep clogs cleared.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageteal owl:

Hello,

I have slow drains in my house, and I wanted to see if anyone had tips on how to unclog or fix slow d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If it's something like a shower drain...it's really easier to just remove the hair and stuff manually. They sell little drain snakes at hardware stores...which are reuseable.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Google the steps of the baking soda/vinegar/boiling water drain cleaner. I've busted NASTY clogs with this method that drano couldn't touch. 
  • Options
    Try a plunger.  Our tub was clogged from my terrible PP shedding, so DH just used the plunger in it.  Problem solved.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"