March 2012 Moms
Options

Blood Work Tips?

Good Morning!

So I have to take LO to do blood work this Friday and I am terrified! I've heard its a tough process. What I forgot to ask is "What should I expect after its done?" Does baby get fever? Sick? If you've gone through this already and have any tips, please pass them on. I hate that I have to do this in the first place so I would like to be prepared mentally and physically. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Blood Work Tips?

• Options

Nothing to expect after. It's just like when you get blood work.

They will cry a lot. You will have to hold them still without getting in the tech's way. That part is hard. Leave the Band-Aid on most the day so that the spot heals.

It was h

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    aeh72aeh72 member

DS had to have blood drawn when he was a couple months old. I'm not gonna lie, it was not fun, for him or for this momma. He screamed and cried - I'm not sure if was because of the needle or the tourniquet or because my husband had to old him tight whi

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD had hers done at 6 months.  Tips:  Keep a good grip on LO's arm until the tech is completely finished.  I was the one holding the arm, hopefully you won't have to.  Make sure the band-aid is on there really good.  As we were le
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageaeh72:

DS had to have blood drawn when he was a couple months old. I'm not gonna lie, it was not fun, for him or for this momm

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Thanks all for the tips :) I was worried that LO would have a bad weekend since its Friday when I'm taking him and I will be working on Saturday. Still not looking forward to this :( oh poor babies!
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member

I unexpectedly had to take my little guy for blood work after his 9 month appointment.  He had a little rash and the doctor wanted to check his platelets.  I was so unprepared, it was just me, LO and my 3 year old.  They had me lay him d

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I was told that we would have a finger prick, only to find out it was an actual blood draw.  I was so nervous for her.  I held her on my lap and one tech held her arm as the other one put the needle in. (I held her other arm) She did not

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"