Babies on the Brain
Options

My sister lied about the father of her baby!

This is a LONG story, so I will try to sum it up quickly...but I need some serious advice.  My little sister is 20 years old and in college.  About a week ago she came to me and said she was pregnant with her current boyfriend.  I was a little skeptical b/c she's lied before, so I had her take two pregnancy tests at my house.  Both positive.  Of course she was confused and upset, so I encouraged her to go to her obgyn to make sure.  They did bloodwork etc and confirmed a due date.  She was an emotional wreck and the crazy part was I had never met her boyfriend.  I had heard stories about him, just never met him. 

I had a gut feeling that something about her story was off.  I asked her to show me pics of her boyfriend.  She pulls up his facebook page, goes through his pics, points out his family, the whole nine yards.  The weird part though, was she wasn't on his friends list.  I thought that was weird.  Wouldn't the father of your baby and boyfriend be a friend with you on facebook?

Last night she calls me and says she's miscarrying.  I honestly suspect she got an abortion and just didn't want our family to think bad of her.  She told me her and her boyfriend were at the hospital and he was being so supportive.  But then I still have not met him. 

So I couldn't let it rest.  I sent him a message and no response.  So I clicked on his family and sent his sister in law a message.  I actually graduated high school with her so she was really open with me and had him call me.  He has never even met my sister!!!!  She made the entire thing up!  She was so detailed about his life, it was scary.  She even told me he had a nephew with special needs.  Which he doesn't. 

My question is, how do I approach her with this?  Could she fake a pregnancy test?  Who the heck is the father?  I'm so confused and mad that she could tell me a million lies about this guy.

Re: My sister lied about the father of her baby!

• Options

This is really strange.  Does your sister have a history of constructing elaborate stories or lying? 

If this were my sister, I would definitely approach her, but in a non threatening way and in a neutral environment.  I would prob

• Options

WTF is this place? Maury?  

She sounds like she needs medical help.  Contact your parents and have them contact mental health providers.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here are the facts:

1. You cant fake a hpt. She was pregnant.

2. The guy she identified was not her real boyfriend.

I have to deduce from that that she does not want to be open about the real nature of the event that
  • Options

imagealittlejarephanie:
    Here are the facts: 1. You cant fake a hpt. She was pregnant. 2. The guy she identified was not her r
  • Options
    So she had a one night stand and was embarrassed so she made up a story. I'm not going to lie, I find it odd you messaged his SIL. Maybe there is more to it, but she wasn't hurting him or you with her lie.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'd stop focusing on the lie and focus on her health at this point. If it was in fact a miscarriage, make sure she's seen her OB so they can assess it and determine if it's passing naturally or if the situation needs more attention DC or Rhogam, etc.. Whe

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

imagealittlejarephanie:
    Here are the facts: 1. You cant fake a hpt. She was pregnant. 2. The guy she identified was not her r

• Options

Just to play devil's advocate- why are you so sure that your sister is the one lying and not the guy? It would not be unheard of for a guy to sleep with someone, then deny it later and act as though he doesn't even know her....

There are lots of

• Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    So she had a one night stand and was embarrassed so she made up a story. I'm not going to lie, I find it odd you
  • Options
    imagegreengirl0909:

Just to play devil's advocate- why are you so sure that your sister is the one lying and not the guy? It would

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am a lurker but this reminds me of my sister except for the pregnant part. About four years ago my sister was in college and our family started noticing she was acting weird. Our grandmother had just passed away so we dismisses it as grieving. Later she
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why the fluck would you message the sister? I think you look crazier than the sister here
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You were really out of line to contact his sister and makes you to be the crazy one here. 

Why on earth would you do that ?

• Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    So she had a one night stand and was embarrassed so she made up a story. I'm not going to lie, I find it odd you

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"