July 2011 Moms
Options

starting swim lessons soon for DD, any advice?

I signed DD and I up for the parent and child (6mo-4 yo) swim lessons with our city rec at a nearby junior high for Tues nights. we start 4/9. I bought 2 new one piece suits for me and DD has like 4 now..

last Thurs we drove and checked out the locker room and watched a few people during the open swim but we didnt go in ourselves. glad we did a test drive and know where the locker room is and she was able to at least see the place before we jump right in.

any advice on anything special to bring

anything I can do to prevent DD (who has eczema but its a lot better than it use to be ) not get dried out skin from the pool chemicals.

have you taken lessons with LO? how did they go?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: starting swim lessons soon for DD, any advice?

• Options
    I have no advice on the eczema, but I would think the basic things swim diaper, new diaper, towel , I see some parents use rash guard shirts even indoors. I'm not sure if that keeps them warm or not. If you can use baby powder Id bring that to help get th
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did swim lessons around 6 months, and DD loved it. The program was similar to the one you described, where it is the same class until age 3. We did not sign up for another session because the skills are very basic, and I figured we could take her to th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very true about the swim diaper
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageclineak:
    We did swim lessons around 6 months, and DD loved it. The program was similar to the one you described, where it is the
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"