Food Allergy
Options

Advice for allergist appt

My ds is almost 9 months and is bf and has been trying new foods. He has had eczema since 4 months, but elimination diet for me hasn't shed too much light. This past friday he tried cheese for the first time. 15 minutes later hives popped out and then his face ballooned huge so i called 911. Thank God his airway did not close, but of course i am scared to death to let him try anything new til we see an allergist. What should i expect, what tests should i push for? i never want to chance something like that again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Advice for allergist appt

• Options

Sounds very similar to our experience with DD.  Around the same age I tried greek yogurt and she broke out into hives all over her face. 

Our pedi allergist did a skin test (on their back) tested for several different things.  Mos

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Our very first time, the pedi sent us for the blood panel first.  We did the full panel so basically knew everything he might be allergic too.  When we saw the allergist, he did prick testing with those highlights and anything related to confirm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes, and if it is milk, keep in mind that many, many kids outgrow it.  Your's may not, but it's more likely outgrown than say peanut.  At 27 months, my DS can now have all types of cow's milk in food but still drinks soy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thanks so much for the advice ladies, it's so helpful to hear from moms who have been there. The hospital did send us home with an epi pen, so that makes me feel better to have it around. I will be sticking around this board so i'll let you know how it go
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"