C-sections
Options

how soon did you take back on house work?

I had a c-section a week and 1/2 ago. I was very blessed to have DH home for the first week to help out. Now that he is back to work working 12 hour days, I am doing all the housework again and man am I feeling it! How soon after your c-section did you resume housework?
My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: how soon did you take back on house work?

• Options
    I vacuumed at 2 weeks, and it busted my incision open.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My dd had to be back at work 1 week after dd was born. So I was on my own after that.  I cooked, did very light house cleaning, and laundry on my own and DD would vacum and deep clean on the weekends.

When I was around 3-4 weeks I felt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I couldn't do anything requiring bending over in the slightest until almost 6 weeks.  The same with lifting anything very heavy.  I would do as much as I could.  Unloading the top rack of the dishwasher in the am and loading it in the pm, f
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Around 2 weeks pp I started handling the basics - dishes, laundry, cooking, litter boxes... the heavier stuff took another couple of weeks. But I did a hardcore house cleaning in the 2 weeks leading up to my scheduled RCS so I set it up that I wouldn't ha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    After a week. My mom stayed with me while DH went to work the second week but I wanted to do things for myself. I am stubborn.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    2 years?!? Honestly, for the few months I just tidied up instead of worrying about cleaning. I went back to work at 9 weeks and when I got home I just wanted to be with Lucas. It was probably a month before I did cleaning because MH was home for the first
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I took it easy the first couple of months after c-section -- mostly because I was too tired to even think, much less clean. I learned quick that taking care of DS, getting rest and healing were my main tasks.

Even to this day, I prioritize wh

photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did none for three weeks.  Now I am six weeks out and doing everything but the heavy cleaning (scrubbing tubs, toilets, mopping).  I hired a cleaning service to do that stuff until I'm 3 months out.
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Options
    I resumed housework the day after I came home from the hospital.  (I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks and hadn't gotten to really prepare the house for our LO due to bedrest and being hospitalized before that.  As I told my husband, I was
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I was feeling awesome at 2 weeks pp and so I started trying. Not a good idea. I way over did it and paid for it with pain. I have heard scary stories of women busting incisions open with simple house work. I'd say wait, a dirty house is easier to deal wit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"