One & Done: Only child

When did you decide?

(I wanted to make this a clicky poll, but the TB had other plans...)

Lots of posts on this board got me wondering:

When did you decide you were one and done?

a.  Always knew/before my child was born.

b. After my first and only child was born.

c. I did not actively decide, but instead other factors (age, health) made the decision for me.

d. Still on the fence!

e. Other (please explain).  

Re: When did you decide?

• I am squarely in the "b. After my first and only child was born" camp.  Before having a baby I thought I really wanted and had to have two.  My ideal family model changed after having one! 

• 100% A.

ETA: DH is also A. He actually admitted to me recently that when we got married he didn't think we were going to have any children (I'm not exactly the most maternal person). He is happy to have one, but definitely doesn't want any more.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • B.

I assumed I would have two. Then I had one. Lol!

When my daughter was about 2 months old I admitted to myself that I did not want to go through pregnancy, labor, or struggling to breastfeed ever again. As she got older, I r

C is 3 years old

• C. (DH's age and IF factors)

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• I have always said I wanted at most, one child. I have never faltered in that opinion.  It's my H who is not accepting of that, despite a variety of circumstances that make having an only a good decision for our family.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C.  The decision was basically made for me.  :)

DH was always an A, though he would have been willing to have two.  (DH is one of those folks who is an only child and who likes being an only.).  

I wanted two, but early

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in between a and b.   We knew 1-2 children before DD, and made the "one and done" decision after we had her.

• I guess we're B.

We'd originally assumed two but many factors piled up after he was born to make us decide we were done. Which sort of sounds like C but we *could* have another probably; we've just decided not to try.

• We decided after DS was born. 

We'd planned on having 2 (DH thought he wanted 3 and figured it was a good time to talk about it immediately after 62 hours of labor). It wasn't until DS was about a year or 18 months that we officially decided

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • A all the way. We always knew.

• I guess I'm a mixture of A and C. I have endometriosis that was diagnosed before TTC, so I knew that it would be difficult for me to conceive. I made the decision to be 1 and D, for sure after that. Before, I was on the fence.

DH was on the f
  • C, mainly, but still a little on the fence. I'll likely have to endure hyperemesis again, and have a 25% chance of HELLP syndrome again - the latter being the primary factor against having any future children.
  • We're still deciding, but definitely leaning toward one and done.

We have a really, really difficult child. He is spirited, energetic, intense, very emotional (more so than the average toddler), and has sensory processing disorder and a speech de

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C....due to my health.
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • B and a little D.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • D.
    Always thought we would have 2 a couple years apart and now if we have another it will be hopefully 3 to 4 years from now...

As most the sleep deprivation in this beginning was rough I'm also breastfeeding which added to that and wo
  • A- I always said I didn't want any kids, DH didn't believe me and left the choice with me.  But when I decided we should expand our family we both agreed that we would only ever have 1.  
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • I guess we are a bit of the first three

A- it was always our plan to have one. But we always left the door open to change our minds after we had one (since everyone said "you just see...you'll feel differently once you have one!")

B- we

• A.  Before I got married, I wanted 2 biological kids and 1 adopted kid.  Then I had a rough pregnancy.  The GD diet alone was enough to make me not want to be pregant with a second kid.  Add to that IUGR, severe pre-eclampsia,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"