Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Need advice!

So about two weeks ago I showed the pedi two little light pink spots on my baby's bottom. She gave me cream and that made it worse. And another spot appeared. I took her back and she said it looks like ringworm! So I'm puttin clotrimizole on it and now it's bright red, a lot bigger and so dry! I'm going crazy because I don't know how the hell she got it down there. Neither me or my husband have it! I want to get rid of it ASAP. Does anyone have any experience with this. This is really bothering me.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need advice!

• Options
    What kind of butt cream are you putting on her bum? Are the spots all over? Have you tried to give her warm baths and let her sit in the water for awhile? or let her butt air dry after wiping it off from changing it?
  • Options
    Is she bothered by it? I had ring worn myself and didn't know it for a long time.. I just thought it was a mark no idea where I got it.. I think I got dry skin while I treated it. Could you put the cream on and then put aquaphor over it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RiasRias member
    I put one that the dr prescribed called nystatine but that made it worse so I use clotrimizole now. I do let her air dry for a bit but not too long. The spots are on the sides of her private area. Her bikini line so to say and one little one on her butt
  • Options
    Ok. Have you tried using Desitine at all? My daughter is dealing with a real nasty, sore butt rash right now and I've told her pediatrician and everything that I'm using that they people say thats good stuff to use. Not sure if that could help your daught
  • Options
    RiasRias member
    I haven't tried desitin but I just gave her a bath and the rash is spreading towards her stomach. I'm so scared and upset. What the heck is going on!! I'm taking her back to the dr!
  • Options
    RiasRias member
    Turns out its eczema! Thanks for all of your replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"