Adoption
Options

Pool Safety

For an above ground pool, do I need to install a fence around it for the home study?

Re: Pool Safety

• Options
    From what I understand, they do not want or expect your house to be baby-proofed. So, I really don't think you need to do that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would ask whomever you're working with. Some may go by whatever state laws there are. Some may just want you to have some sort of lock system on doors that lead to the pool. Etc.
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Is there a way to remove the ladder?  Perhaps that may be enough to show a child couldn't climb in there.  GL.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Thank you all for such great answers!!! I think I will remove the ladder, its' pretty simple. I know with in ground pools there is supposed to be a fence so I wasn't sure if that would be the same for above ground.
  • Options
    It depends on your state. In Illinois, our homestudy has to meet the state's foster care certification requirements. All pools, streams, ponds and water features have to be child-safe, even when doing domestic infant adoption with no baby in site. We don'
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"