Food Allergy

Questions about where to start

DD has had eczema since she was a baby (diagnosed around 6 months). We have always used a topical cream and used Calming Cream lotion. Lately it seems to be flaring up more often and the meds are not doing anything. I have been trying coconut oil as well with no luck. I'm starting to think that maybe there are some mild food allergies at work here. Her 2 year check up is scheduled for tomorrow and I plan to talk with the pedi about this issue but I'm curious about what might be recommended for us in this situation? Would we start with some sort of elimination diet? Go straight to an allergist for testing? How does this all work? I hate to think that there is something we could have been doing all along to fix/help this issue that we haven't done. She doesn't seem terribly bothered by the eczema but she also doesn't know any different. TIA for any/all help.

Re: Questions about where to start

• Eczema can be related to a food intolerance or allergy. DD2's eczema cleared up once I stopped eating nuts, for example. The pedi can order a blood RAST test to check for allergies. They'll probably test for the "Top 8" (milk, soy, wheat, eggs, fish/sh

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageshotzie:

Eczema can be related to a food intolerance or allergy. DD2's eczema cleared up once I stopped eating nuts, for examp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"