Food Allergy

Allergy Resources?

I'm not even sure whether my DS has a real allergy- I would probably call it an intolerance instead, but I've been doing research and really can't come up with anything, so any help or resources would be wonderful. 

Every time my DS eats potatoes (starting about a month ago) he spends the next day throwing up. Yesterday he threw up, had a low-grade fever and slept most of the day. Today he is fine.

I'm not sure the proper protocol here- get him to the doctor- can they even do anything? Just keep him off the potatoes? 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Allergy Resources?

• Were there other ingredients in the potatoes? I would talk to the pedi about it. They can do a blood RAST test to check for an allergy and they can test for whatever you might suspect is the culprit in one blood draw. If he does have any allergies, I w

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Thank you- after some more research, it does sound like a FPIES reaction. 

I hate to admit it, but the symptoms actually showed up on a weekend where we weren't eating very healthy, and it was multiple potato products (hashbrowns, french fri

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"