LGBT Parenting

The dreaded 2ww

My wife and I are now 4days post IUI...we are excited about the possibilities that lie ahead and are trying to be nothing but positive. This is our first IUI and I am SO hoping to be a one hit wonder ;) I had heard about how hard the 2ww wait was, and boy was everyone right!! Trying my best to be patient.... A little side note...We were very happy with our sperm count numbers and motility...90 million and 95% for motility. I'm just curious, what kind of numbers did other IUIers recieve regarding their sperm?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The dreaded 2ww

• SDWSDW member
    Ugh. The 2ww....if I never have to do it again I'll be delighted. My advice is the same as what folks told mebe very gentle with yourself. Meditate even for just 5 mins a day if possible. And just breathe. Know you're supported and loved through this jou
    pregnancy
  • Thank you! I'll take all the advice people have ;) We have been trying to distract ourselves a bit,so far so good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The hardest thing about our first 2ww was we were CONVINCED we were going to be a one and done. We had decided we were good people, who did good things and that we deserved things to be easy.
    As we attempted to hope for the best and prepare for the

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• imagedoodah1013:
    The hardest thing about our first 2ww was we were CONVINCED we were going to be a one and done. We had decided we
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi there and welcome!

Some very good advice I got when I came on board here was to go on dates every night of 2ww or do something special with your partner. I can't remember who it was but I remembered the advice. Our (many) 2ww were always speci

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Thank you for all of the wonderful advice! We have been enjoying spending time with each other, going out a bit more and such...and it's helping distract us! We know our baby will come along when the time is right, so we aren't stressing. We decided to do
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh the 2ww.....it's agonizingly exciting. Initially, I wanted to test at 10, 12, 14 days and just expect false positives b/c of trigger. Our OB instructed us to wait 16 days to test...when we checked the calendar, it landed on Valentine's Day so we waite
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awww congrats! That's what I love to hear! Our Dr said to test on day 12...That will be April 2nd.My wife had the idea to buy some cheapy dollar store pregnancy tests to play around with, expecting a false possitive last night it came back negative. Th

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I lost my damn mind when I waited my TWW and I was on countdown to pregnancy  everyday  looking up different signs of pregnancy and when  got my period early on my 11DPO my heart was broken but, not my spirit!! That's what you have

• Our first TWW was hard. Second not as hard. Our third time, I checked at 14 days and was still negative. I've been somewhat irregular though and tested again a week later just because I still hadn't started and got a BFP!! Totally threw me off guard! Our
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"