Baby Names
Options

WTF Nameberry????? (Boy names on girls)

I usually really like Nameberry's lists, but sometimes I stumble across one that seems like the creators were on crack when it was written. Behold: https://nameberry.com/list/247/Geezer-Names-for-Girls

"Blame it on Sidney. This name, which conjures up images of thick glasses, a snowfall of dandruff on shoulders, and plaid polyester pants pulled up to the sternum, sounds (strangely enough) nothing less than charming, nothing short of cool when applied to a little girl. And so too can the other geezer names here. Caution: Most of these names should not be bestowed on a boy."

Now, I have heard of one or two of these being used on girls (mainly Monroe, thanks to Mariah Carey), but who in their right mind looks at their sweet baby girl and thinks, "She looks just like a Floyd"? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
VOTE on my Name List

Re: WTF Nameberry????? (Boy names on girls)

• Options
    Geez...I'm not a fan of Nameberry for this reason!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options

Good freakin grief.  I thought Sydney was typically due to the city not because a man's name? 

I can see Sinclair... nn Claire, but it's not my style.  All the rest, yuck, on a girl.

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That list is just ugly!
  • Options
    Holy cow that list is awful for girls. Those names are all boy. I can see Ira, Jules, and Sidney on a girl, but that is about it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
  • Options
    Come on, everyone. Lester or Lloyd would be so cute on a girl!!!! sarcasm font.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Barf. Some are really still nice names for boys/men but not a little girl or woman.

• Options
    imageJoy2611:
    But, Nameberry has a really weird problem of not understanding that all names aren't unisex.

Abs
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    that is a horrifically awful list of "girl" names.
  • Options

Gary???

Morris???

Virgil???

Seriously, nearly every one of the names on that list would get such a side eye... 

Met my soul mate October 2011 ~ Married August 2012

BFP September 2013 ~ Our baby boy is due May 2014

• Options

I love (LOVE) the name Floyd, and we would have used it had this baby been male. We still haven't come up with the perfect girl name. Maybe I should be trying to convince my husband to use Floyd anyway? :p

Seriously,

BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Terrible. Absolutely terrible. I can't even pick the worst one! Is it Ernest? Or Gary? Maybe Zeke or Virgil?? Every time I thought it couldn't get worse, it did. None of these should be little girl names! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC#1!
    12/1999: Dx with Endometriosis (age 12)
    5/2001: Ruptured appendix, massive scar tissue
    6/2005:Dx with Interstitial Cystitis
    9/2005: Gall bladder removed due to problems from cysts
    7/2006: Officially Dx with Fibromyalgia (age 18)
    2/2010: Partial left ovarian torsion

10/2012: SA = Low Motility
    11/2012: Surgery #5 to remove scar tissue & paratubal cyst
    HSG: Right tube blocked; unable to clear
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"